How COVID-19 is Accelerating the Use of Emerging Technologies
Thursday December 10 – 7-8am PT, 10-11am ET, 3-4pm GMT
2020 has undoubtedly seen a major acceleration of digital technology used in humanitarian and Covid-19 response and to support global development goals.
This webinar reviews some of the key digital innovations we have seen play an increasing role this year, including Artificial Intelligence in e-health, innovations in social and behavior change communication, and new use cases for drones.
-> REGISTER HERE
- Digital acceleration due to Covid-19: Summary of ICT priorities, main challenges, and key strategic changes due to Covid-19 from interviews with CIOs and CTOs about their digital transformation journey’s so far. Sonja Ruetzel, ICT4D Partnerships & Conference Manager, Catholic Relief Services
- Emerging e-health/ Artificial Intelligence trends in Africa: Overview of trends and innovations in digital health in Africa, especially around AI and machine learning applications, barriers and opportunities. Joel Ugborogho, Founder, Cenhealth
- Innovation in Social and Behavior Change Communication (SBCC): Gamified large-scale social behavior change campaigns through path-based audio learning games in local languages for simple mobile phones. Lukas Borkowski, Director of European Partnerships, Viamo
- Use cases of drones in COVID response around the world: Exploring various examples of drones uses, from contactless delivery of aid supplies, PPE, or Covid-19 tests, to more controversial or hyped applications of drones to support Covid-19 responses. Miriam McNabb, Editor-in-Chief, DRONELIFE
- 5. Discussion & Future Outlook: what are the ICT priorities and expected digital trends for 2021?