The ICT4D Conference brings together public, private and civil society organizations from across the humanitarian and international development community. Participants share how they are using innovations in information and communications technology to increase impact in addressing humanitarian and development challenges. This highly interactive and hands-on conference attracts a diverse audience of technical advisors, field-based program managers, executives, and others who offer a range of practical insights on applying technology to development challenges.
Read more about the ICT4D Conference Audience and the past 11th ICT4D Conference (2019) in numbers.
The 12th ICT4D Conference takes place under one roof in the Abuja Sheraton Hotel, Ladi Kwali Way, Abuja Nigeria. Once you arrive onsite you will have easy access to all the conference sessions and networking activities without having to travel between different buildings or venues in Abuja.
- The ICT4D Conference: Tuesday April 21 – Thursday April 23, 2020, from 08:00 – 17:30, evening event timings are TBC
THE CALL FOR SPEAKERS HAS NOW CLOSED FOR THE MAIN TRACK SESSIONS.
We will notify all applicants shortly on the status of their application. Please remember to check your spam folders.
The ICT4D Conference fees are listed in USD ($) and payment will be made in USD ($) through PayPal or by credit card or debit card.
You can also register onsite at the ICT4D Conference registration desk, but please note that you may need to wait in line. Payment in person can be made either by debit card, credit card, in USD ($) or in Nigerian Naira.
View the conference fees
Register for the 12th ICT4D Conference
- Access to the conference (April 21 – 23, 2020), including lunch and two refreshment breaks on each conference day
- Access to any conference material provided on the interactive agenda webpage
- An evening drinks reception on April 21, 2020
The early bird rate expiries January 30, 2020. Other discounts are not valid in conjunction with the early bird or other discounted rates.
All attendees, including speakers, are responsible for covering their own costs and fees associated with conference attendance. The ICT4D Conference is organized on a not for profit basis by a consortium of partners in international development. In previous conference we have accepted over 300 speakers from the application process. In the interests of fairness and transparency to other speakers and attendees we are not able to make exceptions. We do have a limited scholarship program for selected and eligible speakers from local NGOs/CSOs from low or low/middle income countries as defined by the World Bank. You may apply for this in the application to speak. Please see tab below for further details.
Please also see our conference support and guidance pages for suggestions of other sources of funding.
If you are accepted to speak you will need to confirm your spot by registering at the applicable rate by January 30, 2020.
If you wish to register with for Low/Lower-Middle Income Country Discount, please refer to the official World Bank website for a list of countries that qualify.
Only those organizations that are headquartered in a Low or Lower-Middle Income Country are eligible for those rates. International businesses and INGOs are excluded from those rates regardless of their location.
If you are registering a group of 5 or more, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. There are no special discounts for group bookings.
Email changes to email@example.com and we will update the details. A return email will be sent to confirm the updates have been made.
- If you request a cancellation/refund before 23:59 February 20, 2020, you will receive a full refund less any PayPal/Bank Transfer administrative fees.
- If you request a cancellation/refund from February 21, 2020, you will not be eligible for a refund.
- If you cannot attend the conference, your registration fee can be transferred to a substitute attendee from the same organization.
- Simply let us know who they are, and who they are replacing, by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have booked a two or three-day ticket, you will be unable to split the ticket between two or three attendees across the different days.
- If an incorrect registration ticket has been purchased, ICT4D Conference administration team will contact you by email and request the additional amount to pay via PayPal. Your place will be unconfirmed until we have received the outstanding payment. Failure to pay the outstanding amount will result in the registration ticket being cancelled.
This year the majority of the ICT4D Conference sessions will place in English and a small proportion of conference sessions will be presented in French. Please note, translation services will not be provided by the ICT4D Conference. Attendees are welcome to bring a translator, please email email@example.com for details of how to register a translator.
ICT4D Conference captures photographs, video, and audio during the Conference to use in newsletters and other promotional materials, whether in print, electronic, or other media, including the conference website. By participating in the ICT4D Conference, you grant ICT4D Conference the right to use your name and imagery for such purposes.
Presentations shared with ICT4D Conference will be made available on the ICT4D Conference App nearer to the conference.