Highlights from the 2016 ICT4D Conference
The 2016 conference was a dynamic multi-disciplinary gathering that brought together inspiring leaders, thought-provoking speakers, and engaged participants. Highlights included:
- 715Â attendeesÂ from 76 countriesÂ representing 301 public, private and civil society organizations
- Plenary sessionsÂ featuring leaders from a cross-section of organizations
- Breakout sessionsÂ organized into eight different tracks at which more than 40% of participants spoke
- A press eventÂ moderated by Anne Soy, the Africa Health Correspondent for the BBC
- An exhibit hallÂ featuring the work of 21 organizations
- A map galleryÂ illustrating results from 25 development initiatives
- An executive sessionÂ that focused on a discussion of worldwide change through technology innovation
- â€œBirds of a featherâ€ sessionsÂ organized by conference participants
- A post-conference field tripÂ to explore the Kibera Town Centerâ€™s use of technology innovation to provide services to Kibera residents
TOP RATINGS FROM PARTICIPANTS
The conference received top ratings from its participants, who cited the diversity of conference participants and speakers, the range and diversity of conference topics, the opportunities it provided for networking and knowledge exchange, the focus on practical applications of ICT to issues, and the quality of plenary and breakout session speakers as the top things they liked about the conference.
2016 PARTNERS AND SPONSORS
Conference partners and sponsors included Accenture, Catholic Relief Services, Esri, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, iMerit Technology Services, Inmarsat, IS Solutions, Making All Voices Count, Mercy Corps, Microsoft, NetHope, Oxfam, Pandexio, QualComm Wireless Reach, RTI International, SimbaNET and World Vision.
View the ICT4D Conference Archives