Development, humanitarian, and technology experts from public, private and civil society explore vital themes around the application of digital innovations and the responsible use of data – in a learning environment that is both inspiring and informative.
Our inclusive webinars are designed to provide practical and actionable advice to representatives of non-governmental organizations (NGOs), civil society and community-based organizations, private sector companies, multilateral and governmental agencies, academic and research institutions, aid and development funding organizations.
In particular, the following professionals benefit from attending: program managers, field officers, IT/data managers, and senior technical advisors from disciplines ranging from agriculture, health, education, conservation and disaster management to information and communications technology, data management, GIS/mapping, and financial services.
The ICT4D webinars feature short case studies and interactive Q&A sessions that will last for one hour
Thursday December 10 – 7-8am PT, 10-11am ET, 3-4pm GMT
2020 has undoubtedly seen a major acceleration of digital technology used in humanitarian and Covid-19 response and to support global development goals.
This webinar reviews some of the key digital innovations we have seen play an increasing role this year, including Artificial Intelligence in e-health, innovations in social and behavior change communication, and new use cases for drones.
-> REGISTER HERE
- Digital acceleration due to Covid-19: Summary of ICT priorities, main challenges, and key strategic changes due to Covid-19 from interviews with CIOs and CTOs about their digital transformation journey’s so far. Sonja Ruetzel, ICT4D Partnerships & Conference Manager, Catholic Relief Services
- Emerging e-health/ Artificial Intelligence trends in Africa: Overview of trends and innovations in digital health in Africa, especially around AI and machine learning applications, barriers and opportunities. Joel Ugborogho, Founder, Cenhealth
- Innovation in Social and Behavior Change Communication (SBCC): Gamified large-scale social behavior change campaigns through path-based audio learning games in local languages for simple mobile phones. Lukas Borkowski, Director of European Partnerships, Viamo
- Use cases of drones in COVID response around the world: Exploring various examples of drones uses, from contactless delivery of aid supplies, PPE, or Covid-19 tests, to more controversial or hyped applications of drones to support Covid-19 responses. Miriam McNabb, Editor-in-Chief, DRONELIFE
- 5. Discussion & Future Outlook: what are the ICT priorities and expected digital trends for 2021?
View Recordings of Past ICT4D Webinars:
Skills and Standards for a Digital Workforce
COVID-19 Health Data Management and Exchange
Designing digital tools for COVID-19 response for and with the User
Donor Panel on Data Protection Priorities and Expectations
Tailoring Malaria Interventions during COVID-19
Supporting Farmers with Low-Cost Digital Tools During COVID-19
Digital Tech to Help Fight COVID-19 Misinformation
Lessons learned from Digital Applications for Disease Monitoring and Preparedness
Digital ID: Closing the Identity Gap, March 17, 2020
ICT for Safeguarding, February 25, 2020
Security Lessons Learned and Good Practice in Data Protection December 10, 2019
ICT for WASH: Achieving Global Water Security with Digital Innovations November 12, 2019
Transforming Agriculture Through Digital Financial Innovations, October 08, 2019
Key Takeaways from the 11th ICT4D Conference Part Two, July 09, 2019
Key Takeaways from the 11th ICT4D Conference Part One, June 25, 2019
Fighting Malaria with the Help of Digital Technologies, April 16, 2019
Responsible Data: From Legislation to Organizational Behavior, March 12, 2019
Using Digital Tech to Support Humanitarian Logistics, February 12, 2019
Digital Financial Tools for Humanitarian Response, December 18, 2019
AI and Machine Learning in Health Programs, November 20, 2018
Rise of platforms in ICT4D, October 16, 2018
ICT4D at scale, September 11, 2018
Key take-aways from 10th ICT4D Conference, June 12, 2018
Discover AI and Machine Learning for Aid and Development, March 20, 2018
Digital Innovations for Humanitarian Response, February 20, 2018
Blockchain for Development: Moving from Hype to Reality, January 16, 2018
Taking Action on Data, December 19, 2017
Empowering Youth Through ICT4D Programs, November 14, 2017
ICT4Ag:The New Technologies That Will Achieve Food Security, October 17, 2017
The Potential and Promise of ICT4D Partnerships, September 19, 2017
To suggest a topic or speaker for a future ICT4D webinar, please email Sonja Ruetzel, ICT4D Conference Manager.
This webinar series is brought to you by: